Founded back in 1872, we have grown into a multinational business with operations in around 30 countries and an extensive multi-mineral portfolio. We work with customers worldwide across a broad range of industries, delivering solutions that combine high-specification materials with dedicated technical support.
Sibelco seeks to be a great place to work. We strive for continuous improvement in the health and safety of our colleagues and we promote diversity and inclusiveness in all our activities. As well as developing products that help our customers thrive, we also look at how we can minimize environmental impact and maximize environmental opportunities. We generate economic value through innovation and our ability to meet and anticipate our customers’ expectations.
Our goal is to deliver long-term social, environmental and economic value guided by our purpose: Material Solutions Advancing Life.
We currently have a vacancy for a Pilot Plant Engineer to join our global Technology and Innovation group with the objective of testing and developing mineral processes on a laboratory and pilot plant scale to process and upgrade mineral materials towards value add materials that will be brought to market.
The role will be a combination of activities in the pilot plants based in our Maastricht and Dessel facilities. The Maastricht facility is the home of our global Technology and Innovation hub, which is Sibelco’s function for going beyond what is traditionally referred to as R&D and turns it into value in the form of a successful new or improved process, material solution or business model.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with knowledge of mineral processing who can deliver knowledge and information on mineral processing technologies.
- Responsible for the safe operating and design of different mineral processing activities performed and ensuring scalability to industrial scale
- Lead and/or coordinate project testing and processing of certain mineral materials
- Reporting on the activities completed within the pilot plants to different stakeholders and team members
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment
- People management of the pilot plant operators
Key Attributes Required:
- Master degree (science or engineering)
- Able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of mineral processing, such as crushing, screening (grit/sands, dry/wet), washing, optical sorting. Milling Excellence knowledge is also welcome.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation and flexibility
- Strong affinity for good safety, health and environment practices
- Organized, analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with a hands on mentality
- People management affinity
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
Please submit your application online to be formally considered for our role. Our closing date for applications will be 19th July 2020. Please note we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.
Sibelco recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.
Click here for the application.