Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2017 revenues of approximately $8 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 75 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company’s website at www.huntsman.com.
Huntsman have a new opportunity for a qualified and experienced Chemical / Process Engineer to join our established team based at our large scale production facility in Rotterdam. Our site process engineering team focus on providing required expertise for both operations and strategic site projects whilst working towards ambitious targets for safety, operational excellence and effective project execution.
Additionally as Process Engineer you will:
- Monitor and evaluate operational performance of production units with the aim to prevent losses and identify process improvements across the site
- Assist our operators in troubleshooting activities whilst effectively devising and implementing improvement proposals/ initiatives
- Follow up long term plant issues by taking ownership, and actively managing the cooperation with other disciplines, whilst taking the lead in root cause problem solving sessions
- Combine strong theoretical knowledge with the vast practical experience from our operators to jointly improve our performance
- Investigate safety or operational issues to identify the required actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- You will work together in a dynamic environment with a broad range of departments, with the aim of creating value through teamwork. These departments include amongst others EHS, operations, engineering, maintenance and supply chain.
- Lead technical and multidiscipline teams through projects both conceptual and site based
Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Partner (EAME)
Center of Expertise – Global Human Resources
- MSc qualified in Chemical / Process Engineer with a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience in a site based environment.
- Must be familiar with the Project Process Workflow.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker who can work effectively as part of a dynamic team, communicating at all levels
- Be able to demonstrate process safety skills such as leading Hazard Studies, Layer of Protection Analyses, Root Cause Analysis and Relief and Blowdown
- High level of adaptability with the ability to manage changing circumstances and ambiguity within an production environment
- Excellent appreciation for EHS and Process Safety Standards within a high hazard environment is essential
- Must be fluent in both Dutch and English